What are dermal fillers?
At our health and aesthetics clinic in Nottingham, we offer dermal filler treatments, which are made from a crystal-clear gel form of hyaluronic acid that is naturally present in the human body. As we get older our body’s natural hyaluronic acid diminishes, causing the skin to get thinner and dryer. Collagen and elastin – the network of fibres that make your skin firm and elastic become disconnected, leading to sagging skin, wrinkles and a loss in volume. Hyaluronic acid fillers hold water, hydrate and replenish the lost volume. They improve your looks by enhancing your profile, creating fuller lips, and smoothing out lines and wrinkles.
At Medical Cosmetics in Nottingham, we only use dermal fillers with proven effectiveness and safety. The type of filler used can be dependent upon which area is being treated or on doctor/patient preference. The range of dermal fillers used at the clinic includes:
What can be treated?
Dermal fillers are a versatile beauty treatment that can be used in a number of ways, these include the following:
- Cheek augmentation (adding volume to the cheeks)
- Correction for loss of volume and wrinkles over hands, neck and decolletage
- Correcting unevenness of the chin, nose or improving the jaw contour
- Depressions and blemishes (acne scars)
- Marionette lines (the so-called ‘smile lines’ at the mouth corners)
- Naso-labial lines/folds (corner of the nose to the corner of the mouth)
- Nose reshaping/lifting
- Oral commissure or Marionette fold correction (downturned mouth corners often giving the appearance of sadness)
- Tear Trough Correction (dark eye circles)
What happens during treatment?
During this beauty treatment an extremely fine, short needle is used to inject the filler into the appropriate area. The procedure takes about 10-15 minutes. The dermal fillers used have an anaesthetic (Lidocaine) within them. A topical anaesthetic cream may be used prior to the treatment or a nerve block depending on the area treated.
What can be expected after treatment?
The treatment may cause some slight but brief discomfort, redness or swelling, which normally resolves in an hour or two.
How long do the effects last?
The effects are visible almost immediately and its effects will typically last between 6-12 months. Some longer lasting fillers may last up to 12-18 months.
How much does it cost?
Treatment cost start from £175.
*Results can vary from person to person. We cannot guarantee results